Kiara College adopts a strict dress code:
- To enhance College identity and spirit and reduce pressure on students in the choice of school clothing
- To promote the public image of the College
- To promote safety by making students easily recognisable on College grounds
- To promote safety by making students clearly visible and recognisable on College excursions
- To improve safety by promoting safe footwear and jewellery
- For convenient and inexpensive
- To ensure a better standard of dress which is usually accompanied by a better standard of behaviour
- To demonstrate to students that dress is appropriate to a given situation and thus prepares them for their careers and life ahead.
Parents of students who do not attend in full uniform will be contacted to resolve the issue.
Your acceptance of this Dress Code is acknowledged by your signature on the Enrolment Form.
- Plain navy blue trousers, navy track pants, navy shorts or navy skirt/skort
- Plain navy blue or Kiara College jacket
- Navy and aqua polo shirt
- Navy and white polo shirt
- Students are required to have a change of clothes for Physical Education and the shirt is to be the colour of the student’s House faction.
- Suitable flat closed in shoes. NO high heels, “slip ons” or ugg boots due to safety issues.
- No denim
- No leggings, tights, skins, yoga pants unless worn under skirt or shorts - Must be plain navy
- Long socks and scarves must be in College colours
- Midriff or low cut tops are NOT permitted at College
- No visible logos except for official Kiara College. As a guide, logos should not be larger than a matchbox
- Headgear must not have inappropriate signage/logos and must NOT be worn in class
- Additional clothing worn for religious/cultural reasons should be in College colours
- Jewellery and Body Adornments must be unobtrusive and not a health or safety hazard
- Students are encouraged to keep jewellery and make-up to a minimum
The uniform shop is open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays: 8:15am - 3:45pm.
Please call 6235 7000 in the case of an emergency.